Basic system suitable for all applications (Acute slices, Cultured cells, Slice cultures)
MED64-Basic System is user-friendly microelectrode array (MEA) system for in vitro extracellular electrophysiology. It features with the industry’s most sensitive MEA system, providing high-quality reliable data. Created by Panasonic, the MED64 has been on market for 20 years and has hundreds of users and publications worldwide.
- Acquire signal from 64 electrodes simultaneously.
- Stimulation through any of the 64 electrodes (up to 2 electrodes simultaneously) using internal stimulator.
- Unrivaled signal-to-noise ratio of 0.8 μV RMS noise level.
- Record inside of a humidified incubator.
- Large current-driven stimulation via any electrode.
- High-quality evoked signal without interference of stimulus artifacts.
- One system can be used for multiple experiments with its amplifier’s broad acquisition bandwidth and analog low pass/high pass filter.
- Analyze data online during your experiment or offline after.
- Suitable for acute slices, slice cultures, and cell cultures.
- Low-cost upgrade to the MED64-Allegro or Quad II System.
MED64 Head Amplifier
MED64 Main Amplifier
Data acquisition PC
Number of channels / sample
RMS Noise (Typical)
* MED-515A input:
0.8 μV (f < 3 kHz)
1.2 μV (f < 5 kHz)
1.8 μV (f < 10 kHz)
Number of samples
0.1Hz – 10 kHz
Analog low-cult filter
0.1, 1, 10, 100 Hz
No. of stimulator channel
Analog high-cut filter
1.0, 2.0, 2.5, 5.0, 7.5, 10 kHz
Stimulus output format
Max. output current
± 200 μA
Resolution 16 bit
Output format USB
Sampling rate Up to 20 kHz / channel